One of the most colorful characters of the Jets rookie draft class might be Trevor Reilly. If you haven’t read up on him yet, be sure to see these articles below.
- New York Jets: Trevor Reilly’s Travels over a Rocky Road
- Star-Ledger: Jets’ Trevor Reilly gains maturity from daughter’s cancer, his Mormon mission
- ESPN NY: Trevor Reilly’s draft dream comes true
- NY Post: Rookie who nearly lost daughter gets his ‘one chance’ with Jets
- Yahoo!: Jets rookie linebacker held odd mark in Guinness Book of World Records
- Metro NY: Trevor Reilly substitutes tattoo for lost wedding rings
Brian Bassett, TheJetsBlog.comIt’s hard not to read the hardships that Reilly and his family has faced and amusing anecdotes and not want to root a little harder for him.
Regardless of a deep story that’s brought him to the NFL, Reilly could be a that the Jets mold into the eventual replacement for Calvin Pace. Reilly is a solid tackler, has an excellent motor and is best used around the line of scrimmage … could he be a player that the Jets use on special teams with the notion to eventually move into a larger role in a package on defense? It’s possible, and I will definitely be keeping my eye on him this summer.