It’s time for the official free agent signing prediction contest; your chance to pit your wits against your fellow TJB readers and guess who the Jets will land in free agency.
Here are the rules:
1. You must make your entry in the comments section below
2. Entries will only be accepted up to midnight tonight (ET)
3. Your entry should consist of 10 predictions for possible signings – it doesn’t matter if they sign more or less than that
4. You are not confined to UFAs. RFA’s, cut players or potential trades/cuts still under contract are all fair game
5. However, you don’t get any points for predicting the return of a Jet who was on the roster at the end of last year – even if they are currently not under contract or have been cut
6. You score one point if your player signs with the Jets before the end of March – signings after that don’t count
7. In the event of a tie, the person closest to the tie-breaker question will win
8. You must include your tie-breaker answer with your original entry, or in a separate comment prior to midnight tonight
9. The tie-breaker question is “What will be the full $ value of the contract Eric Decker signs in free agency”
10. The initially-reported value for Decker’s contract will be used. If details of incentives or escalators break later, we will still use the value from the initial reports to determine the tie-breaker.
11. There is no prize for the winner, other than bragging rights and the enduring respect of your peers
12. The winner will be announced on April 1st.