SNY’s Andrew Johnston and Leonard Orman are at Jets Training Camp, and here’s their dispatch of what they saw and heard from Tuesday’s camp…
- Geno Smith is doing a good job of working with what the defense is giving him; “He’s rarely forcing balls into coverage.”
- Calvin Pryor did not participate in practice. He rode a bike on the sidelines. Meanwhile, Jace Amaro worked on the side, but not on the field.
- During a passing drill, Stephen Hill beat Dexter McDougle deep for a long completion from Michael Vick.
- Dawan Landry had a good practice, picking off Vick and later getting a sack.
- Willie Colon participated in 11-on-11 drills.
- Demario Davis is “very vocal” on defense.
- Tajh Boyd has been struggling at camp, but Matt Simms hasn’t been much better.
- Greg Salas had a very good practice, as did Trevor Riley, who made a few good plays on special teams.
- Nick Folk nailed a 50+ yard field goal near the end of practice.
- To come…