SNY’s Andrew Johnston and Leonard Orman are at Jets Training Camp, and here’s their dispatch of what they saw and heard from Tuesday’s camp…
- Defense flying around the ball. Made life tough on the offense during team drills.
- Testy practice. Guys really getting after their teammates on the other side of the ball.
- Defensive front looks impenetrable. Sheldon Richardson spent a fair amount of time with Karl Dunbar working on technique during individuals.
- Defensive backs at times look lost. Without a doubt the weakness of the defense. Milliner shows signs of improvement then takes a step back. Antonio Allen has impressed. Might be my underdog of the day.
- Both quarterbacks showing signs of comfort with the playcalls although both are much better throwing the ball vertically then laterally. Geno Smith has continually impressed throughout camp. Much more poised and better decision making.
- Running backs have been solid. The three-headed monster has been an anchor for the offense. All three guys are comfortable with the sharing of rushes…for now.
- Wide receivers have been hit or miss. Eric Decker and Jeremy Kerley impressed during individuals. Juked the corners out of their shoes during red zone drills. Hakim Salim has rebounded from his early camp drops, could be a sleeper in the WR mix due to his speed.
- Defense dominated today’s practice.
- Jace Amaro was back at practice, but he struggled and had a poor day.
- Demario Davis had a pick-six vs Geno Smith. Had a great practice and almost had two more picks. He was flying all over the field.
- Tajh Boyd continued to struggle in camp.
- Oday Aboushi did a nice job in pass blocking drills.
- Jacoby Ford looks really good as a kick returner.
- Geno had a long touchdown pass to Greg Salas, who’s having a good camp.