Michael Vick, Rex Ryan, Geno Smith and Willie Colon talk about the starting QB switch as the team prepares for the Chiefs.
Brian Bassett, TheJetsBlog.comComing off a loss to a very human Bills team and standing alone at the bottom of the AFC East at 1-7, there’s a lot of HOT TAKES!!! around the Jets right now … as one might expect.
- When will the hammer fall on Rex Ryan?
- Was the addition of WR Percy Harvin just a way to flash a shiny object at fans??
- What’s to be done about Geno?!?
- (Follow up question, is Roc Nation Sports slated to fill the 2.0 version for any Master P / sports punchline?!?)
- Should the Jets just hit the reset button????
- Who can be the front office hero of this franchise?????
- Can Terry Bradway use his necromancy to summon a 1986 Bill Parcells to the 2015 Jets?!?!?
- Dood! We should totally hire The Grudes and give him full control over personnel!!! What could possibly go wrong???
John Idzik’s Monday press conference did nothing to alleviate the problem, and might have only made it worse.
And now the townsfolk with pitchforks and torches are at the gate. ESPN New York’s Johnette Howard is one of those who wants to burn it to the ground, but notes that something funny happened on the way to the fullscale insurrection. To read more of this story, click here
Welcome to BGA Extra, where I draw a line under the previous weekend’s game by responding to your questions from BGA during the week. After the jump, I respond to your questions about the game against the Bills. If you would like your questions answered in future, remember to read BGA each week and leave your question in the comments section.
- Reid: Jets have “one of the best front sevens in the NFL” [Chiefs Official Site]
- Breakdown of the Jets 2015 cap situation [GGN]
- Ryan: “We try everything” to get turnovers [NJ.com]
- Jets left wishing they had a “game manager” like Alex Smith [NJ.com]
- Ryan to Vick: “Don’t fumble” [ESPN New York]
- Johnson frustrated by diminished role [NY Post]
The mailbag is back so make sure to send in your TJB Podcast Mailbag questions for tomorrow’s show!
You can ask Corey and Brian anything you want — whether it’s football-related or not. Whatever is on your mind, let the questions fly and you can send them to the guys any of these ways:
Or leave a comment on this thread!
Then, Corey and Brian will pick out a bunch of your questions and answer them during the show.
Jeremy Kerley (illness) and Darrin Walls (calf/knee) did not practice on Wednesday.
Oday Aboushi (shoulder), Willie Colon (knee), David Harris (shoulder), Trevor Reilly (knee) and Geno Smith (shoulder) were limited. Smith did not throw on Tuesday.
Phillip Adams (groin), Antwan Barnes (knee), Jeff Cumberland (shoulder/finger), Demario Davis (finger), Eric Decker (hamstring), Chris Johnson (ankle), Nick Mangold (shoulder) and Greg Salas (wrist/ankle) all appeared on the injury report, but were full participants in practice.
Geno Smith did not throw the ball at practice on Wednesday, Rex Ryan said.
Smith injured his shoulder during the Jets loss before he was benched for Michael Vick. Smith is expected to be the backup to Vick on Sunday if he’s healthy.
If he can’t play, Matt Simms will be signed off the practice squad to back up Vick.