SNY’s Andrew Johnston and Leonard Orman are at Jets Training Camp, and here’s their dispatch of what they saw and heard from Day One of camp…
- Rex Ryan said that this team is further along at thing point in time than any other team he’s had. Ryan said the team knows their schemes and has already built up their chemistry.
- Dexter McDougle got a lot of time with the starters and had an interception during the 11-on-11 drills.
- Geno Smith “looked really good.” He got a lot of praise from coaches and players, especially Rex Ryan and Eric Decker.
- Sheldon Richardson seems to be in incredible shape — a big, trim guy.
- Decker and Jeremy Kerley were in midseason form, as they’ve already seemingly built a connection with Smith. They were running crisp routes and had a lot of good grabs.
- Jalen Saunders also stood out on offense and showed off his speed.
- Shaq Evans dropped multiple balls and was brought aside by coaches a few times. Stephen Hill took him aside, too, to talk to him.